Service Summary

Welcome to The Green Man Arboricultural Consultancy

This website supports the consultancy business based in North Wales and which operates throughout the United Kingdom providing a wide range of arboricultural services including: home buyers tree reports, tree condition reports, development site surveys and reports, woodland assessment and management plans and general advice relating to trees.

For further information or to discuss your requirements please contact us on: 01978 821 851/ 07981 912 162 or via green.woman@hotmail.co.uk

Wednesday, 16 January 2008

The Radley Oak

7 comments:

  1. I love this picture, it makes me think of when we use our hand to gain perspective of what can be viewed.
    It also enhances photo's, being the fore ground. Well done bowledover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will take you to see the tree when you visit sometime if you like. It's not far from here and as it's been aged at over 1000 years old it is worth a visit I think!

    I surveyed a veteran lime tree today. I have yet to do the calculations but I expect it to be around 600-700 years old. It is tucked away in a horse field in Sussex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lady Banana! Thank you. You can google it and go and see the tree for yourself as it is by a public footpath. Really there are few broadleaf trees of this age in the world and very few of this size in respect of it's height. This tree is 25m tall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is a very beautiful photo and I love the colours and the way the tree branches out. I had one post on our heritage tree with a branch just like yours.It was a Tembusu Tree. You might like to view it. http://alicesg.blogspot.com/2008/01/tembusu-tree-at-singapore-botanic.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this photo. It has a dramatic and mysterous look. Visting from Wom Tigley's site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello AliceSG! Your Tembusa Tree is fabulous, thank you for that!

    Hello Lv2scpbk! Thank you. To give you an idea of size I am 5 foot 9 and I can stand under the branch coming down to the ground and still have about a foot clearance over my head!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...