Service Summary

Welcome to The Green Man Arboricultural Consultancy

This website supports the consultancy business based in North Wales and which operates throughout the United Kingdom providing a wide range of arboricultural services including: home buyers tree reports, tree condition reports, development site surveys and reports, woodland assessment and management plans and general advice relating to trees.

For further information or to discuss your requirements please contact us on: 01978 821 851/ 07981 912 162 or via green.woman@hotmail.co.uk

Sunday, 21 June 2009

Tree Planting

The best part of my job is planting trees. It is very hard to convince people to invest in looking after their old trees. Similarly it is hard to get landowners to invest in tree planting and appropriate aftercare to support their survival however many of the mature trees we see and appreciate today were planted by someone, had they not taken the time and the effort what would we have?

These species are some of the trees I have planned for a restoration project during this autumn and winter.



I usually buy containerised trees and will be going to the nursery in July to pick out the specific trees I want.



The nursery are very good however if you leave it until they arrive on site it is difficult to go through them all and make sure there are no issues. Also when you are spending between £80 - £200 on a tree you want to make sure its the best of the bunch.



I went to one of the formal parks I manage yesterday to look at some trees that have been vandalised. They will need to be replaced in the autumn.

While I was there I took some pictures of the trees that have been establishing at the park. Some of these species I will be planting at other sites later in the year. The species shown here in order of appearance are: Giant Redwood or Wellingtonia (Sequoiadendron giganteum), Deodar Cedar (Cedrus deodara), Blue Atlantic Cedar or Blue Atlas Cedar(Cedrus artlantica 'Glauca') and Giant Redwood again (Sequioadendron giganteum).

Tree planting is, as I have mentioned, the best part of my job and I am looking forward to getting the trees in and watching them develop in the coming years. I will not see them develop into maturity however if other people had not planted trees throughout the last few centuries I would not get to enjoy the mature treescapes I get to walk through. It is a legacy for the future.

6 comments:

  1. I love trees, and can't imagine a landscape without them!

    The tree outside my window fell down (it was only a tiny one) but I missed it a lot. Luckily the council have now replaced it.

    Unlike this one: A very big tree fell down across a busy road without any previous signs..

    HERE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ladybanana! Thanks for your comment and the link. I have left you a comment over at your place.

    By the way I saw your sign saying do you ever visit the bottom of the page so I did and there was a spider there! A realistic one too! I didn't stay too long!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some fantastic photos !! I loved them..Thanks for sharing and information..Unseen Rajasthan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visit Louis Vuitton's

    Journey of a Man's Wardrobe.

    When it comes to the other characteristics, you might as well Visit Louis Vuitton's Journey of a Man's Wardrobe.

    Louis Vuitton Scarf collection
    Though the Louis Vuitton Scarf collection is not as

    unparalleled as the pleasing Hermes scarf, it will not be so dauntless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tafelblad
    "Keramiek Tafelblad | Heeft u al over een tafelblad van keramiek gedacht? Voor de prijs hoeft u het, als u bij ons bestelt, het zeker niet te laten." />

    ReplyDelete
  6. werkblad
    Bent u op zoek naar een uniek keramiek werkblad? Zoek niet langer want hier vindt u een groot aanbod betaalbare keramieken werkbladen voor elke kamer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...